The rabbit hutch Nijntje is a beautiful hutch with a large run. The sleeping compartment is provided with a removable tray, to clean it very easily. The sleeping compartment is lockable from the outside. The hutch is suitable for 2 till 4 rabbits.
- The pet house is made of beautiful pine wood
- The roof of this rabbit hutch is equipped with roofing felt
- Optionally, a laying nest / nest box is possible (also later)
- Equipped with a ramp between the first and ground floor
- Metal tray (zinc) to clean the hutch very easily
- Lockable sleeping compartment: door slides to the side (left/right)
- Building kit with mostly pre-assembled panels, incl. fixing materials and instructions
- The pet house is not equipped with anti-chewing strips. To prevent chewing you can order anti chewing stripes.
- The roof of the additional run is equipped with mesh (ca. 12x12mm)
- This loft can not be built in mirror image
- If there is high humidity outside, then it is also humid inside a loft. This can cause mold to grow.
- In case of damp weather, the wood can expand and the doors will clamp
- This hutch has been painted once, but we advise to paint it again for a beautiful result.
- Run Nijntje
|Outer dimensions including roof (WxDxH)||176,5x95x154cm|
|Outer ground dimensions (WxD)||166,5x74cm|
|Internal dimensions sleeping compartment (WxDxH)||72x70x94cm|
|Internal dimensions bottom run (BxD)||162,5x70cm|
|Height below the sleeping quarter (H)||55cm|
|Opening to sleeping quarter (WxH)||28x30cm|
Dimensions of shipping boxes
|Box 1||123 x 79 x 8cm — 16kg|
|Box 2||101 x 71 x 19cm — 16kg|
|Box 3||112 x 49 x 10cm — 6,5kg|
|Box 4||101 x 76 x 10cm — 4kg|
- You should stain the wood to prevent mold or wood rot
- It is advisable to clean the wood periodically to prevent mold and green mold
- You can stain it in any desired colour.
- Treat the hinges and locks periodically with silicone spray
- Use some wax or vaseline for moving parts such as drawers and sliding panels
- If possible, place the pet house at a sheltered place.
- Matching stain for the white parts is White wash stain
- Matching stain for the blue parts is Transparent stain
Instructions for assembly
- The pet house is delivered in sturdy cardboard box/boxes
- Assembly instruction and fastening material is included
- The holes in the panels are pre-drilled, except for the locks
- When it is not in a sheltered place we advise you to anchor the pet house
- With only one screwdriver/machine you can assemble the complete pet house
- Place the pet house straight on a flat and firm surface
Information about used materials
This pet house is made from pine wood in the traditional way. Pine wood is a particularly beautiful kind of coniferous wood which has been valued for a long time in our range of pet houses. Especially the wood grain, flame drawing, and changing color shades give the enclosure a solid and warm appearance.
The wood, used for your pet house is a unique natural product which has been processed according to traditional methods in the country of origin, after careful selection. It is characteristic and unique in every way. This wood product has been manually processed. No single piece of wood is the same in shape, structure or color, so color shades are inevitable even within one piece of wood. Wind cracks, imperfections and the presence of large and small knots testify to their origin and years of growth. Bumps are usually manually updated with wood fill. Through use and through the influence of light, new pet houses will finally get a warmer color. Color differences in comparison with the show model or even among themselves are therefore usual. The pet house is stained in the colors as in the picture. You should do it once again to prevent mold and rot. You can easily order the stain together with the pet house.
Hinges and locks/anchorage
It is advisable to treat the hinges and locks periodically with silicone spray or lock spray to prevent rust and corrosion. If the pet house is not in a covered place, we advise you to anchor the house.